2 1/2 pounds Yukon or Red potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 Leek, washed and diced
4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and clarified
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 T Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 2 1/2 tablespoons of clarified butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Arrange a single layer of potato slices, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern in pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Drizzle 1/2 Tablespoon of melted butter over potatoes, and add a layer of the sauteed leeks, a sprinkle of nutmeg and the Parmesan. Add 2 more layers of potatoes and butter, finishing with butter. Press firmly to pack.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are mostly cooked and a butter knife is easily inserted.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are golden on the sides and bottom. Remove from oven and allow to set for 15-20 minutes. Loosen edges of potatoes with a spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of pan; invert potatoes onto plate, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and parsley garnish.